Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wow!  It's been a long time.  I've moved again, hopefully for the last time.  I'm in Colorado now.  I love Lander, but I was really tired of the complaints I received from everyone else in the world about how hard it was to visit me in Lander.  So hard in fact that not many people from other states did....even family.  Add to that my employer's preference that I was closer to a Metro area with a cheaper airport, and I caved.  I moved to Northern Colorado. 

I like it here also, but it's a love/hate relationship, similar to the one I had with Lander, only with more pluses than minuses.  I loved Lander for the lack of people on the trails and in the mountains.  I dislike Colorado for the abundance of people on the trails and in the Mountains.  On the flip side of that, I disliked Lander for the lack of people to socialize with, but I love Colorado for the opportunties to meet so many new faces! 

Don't get me wrong.  There were plenty of people in Lander to socialize with, and most of them were really great people, but I missed meeting new people.  I also missed events such as the Theater, Concerts, Festivals, etc.  I do miss Lander though.  I've come to the conclusion that no ONE place has everything.  You have to make a place home and you have to pick the items that are most important to you. 

For me, seeing my family and close friends regularly was more important than the beauty of Lander.  The good news is I am still close enough that I can drive up there whenever I miss Lander too badly!

No comments: